Thursday, April 8, 2010

smile upon me

I can remember now as if it were yesterday

The teen years when the foundations were being set….we cried a lot as we sang these lines…mostly at baptismal meetings…..this came back to me today….once again I need to re-inspect the foundation…..are there any cracks…..NO !!!

 

Jesus, I my cross have taken, all to leave and follow Thee.
Destitute, despised, forsaken, Thou from hence my all shall be.
Perish every fond ambition, all I've sought or hoped or known.
Yet how rich is my condition! God and Heaven are still mine own.

 

Let the world despise and leave me, they have left my Savior, too.
Human hearts and looks deceive me; Thou art not, like them, untrue.
And while Thou shalt smile upon me, God of wisdom, love and might,
Foes may hate and friends disown me, show Thy face and all is bright.

 

Man may trouble and distress me, 'twill but drive me to Thy breast.
Life with trials hard may press me; heaven will bring me sweeter rest.
Oh, 'tis not in grief to harm me while Thy love is left to me;
Oh, 'twere not in joy to charm me, were that joy unmixed with Thee.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/j/i/jimcross.htm

 

 

I will follow Thee, my Saviour,

Thou didst shed Thy blood for me;

And though all men should forsake Thee;

By Thy grace I'll follow Thee.

 

without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

http://bible.cc/1_timothy/3-16.htm

No comments: