Monday, January 19, 2009

Fw: The Inauguration

--- On Sun, 1/18/09, lennon martin <martin562007@yahoo.com> wrote:
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: lennon martin <martin562007@yahoo.com>
To: Christopher Collins <crcollins@optonline.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 11:27:12 PM
Subject: The Inauguration
I'm burning with anticipation of Barack Obama's inauguration, deep down I am still cautiously optimistic;  I don't think I'll be completely at ease until I'm satisfied that he has been sworn in and even then it still may take a couple of weeks to sink in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying that he gets through this in one piece.
 
I know that even while I'm writing this email to you there are still forces at work that would do just about anything to stop this from happening, and would kill him in a heart beat if given the chance. Lets treat this as if we are close to the end of the struggle but not that the struggle is over. We still have a lot to prove and a far way to go, the division has been long and wide it will invariably take a bit more than just one of us being elected "President" to heal all the wounds. Please remember Barack in your prayers let us pray that he serve with distinction as usual we will have to be ten times as good as the other guy to get the recognition he gets. Thanks for reading my ramblings.
 
Daddy

No comments: