Thursday, April 16, 2009

Generation Gap?

TO READ THE STORY CLICK HERE -> All in the Facebook family: older generations join social networks

Story Highlights

  • Women older than 55 make up the fastest-growing age group on Facebook
  • Expert says the site has hit a "tipping point," causing older people to join
  • Some older family members use the site to get in touch with younger generations
  • One mother says Facebook has become her family's "living room"

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Joanna wrote:

Momma and Daddy- I thought you would enjoy this.

Thanks J, but this is hard to accept:

"Let's face it, kids that age aren't really interested in talking to people my age very much. It's more, 'Hi grandma how are ya? ... Bye!' " she said with a laugh. "That's basically what I get from my grandkids, so if I can engage them through just a little bit of chit-chat [online], it's a lot more than I can get over the phone."

No comments: