Thursday, January 14, 2010

RAMBLING - it is cold

On saturday last at about 830am millie and me

were on a rather long exit ramp about to do the final

stretch for home. There was a fire truck coming

towards us. We pulled  to the side, thought nothing

too much of it. A woman kareened out of control and

was killed on this same exit ramp a couple years back.

 

It turns out that a co worker had an accident in which

a passenger in the vehicle he was driving was killed.

 

It was a school bus.

 

Somewhat of a heavy cloud has come over us.

 

Tuesday we tried to contact Jude about the big

earthquake in his 'hometown'. He lost some people...

details still coming in.

 

Last night pastor was talking about 'the pressures of life'.

At first I was turned off....didn't want to hear anymore

negative stuff.....but I had to take it in...just like the

cod liver oil mummy used to make me take as a kid.

 

This morning I realised that I really needed the

"wash out".

 

We don't always realise how complacent we become

sometimes. It is so easy to go with the flow.

 

I did get another JOLT !

this guy was talking about

THE COLD and THE BOLD

 

it is winter now here in the northeast, we are accustomed

to the cold and the snow. Last sunday we missed the morning

meeting. The furnace went out !....it was in the teens...15 degrees.

 

I noticed that it was snowing in florida and some places in

georgia were in the twenties last week.

 

the two things that I must remember are:

1. what is in me will come out when I am under pressure

a squeezed ripe banana will give gooey stuff

a squeezed lemon wil give sour stuff

a crushed apple ?

 

2. It is very cold...."the love of many will grow cold"

I need to find ways to keep hot.

No comments: