Wednesday, December 28, 2016

they_said

#notmypresident
"they said, Hath the Lord indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the Lord heard it." - NUMBERS 12


THE CHOOSING
"there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

THE CHOSEN
Just because we have elections doesn't mean we choose our leaders. I didn't get to choose my parents or my police chief or my school principals . . . and our pastors and primary caregivers are not always persons of direct of our choosing.

THE CHOICE
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

The law-giver, Moses was first a law breaker - a fugitive from justice -
God said :

"With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses? And the anger of the Lord was kindled against them" . . .

My attitude towards authorities if guided by scripture is one of submission and obedience.

A rebellious attitude invites disaster, divine judgement and is "the curse".

IS GOD'S PLAN THIS SIMPLE ?
Disobey = Curse
Obey = Blessing

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day • And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God.

I ALONE MUST DECIDE.
What is my choice ?

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: